Men who come to our clinics are stretched thin. Thin on time, energy, and feel like they are letting the people in their lives down. The demands placed on men today are bigger ever before. We are expected to be at every event our kids have, never miss a day of work, exercise like we are 20 and look like we are 30. Each area of our lives seem to demand more and more from us every day. I think that is why this clip from CEO of Coca Cola had a deep impact on me.
Our doctors are out to help men be better. Better dads, fathers, employees, workers, coaches . . . just better. To do all that is expected of you, you need to be performing consistently. You can’t have your physiology (body) fighting against you. Many men who suffer from fatigue, loss of strength, poor concentration, loss of libido are suffering from low testosterone or low T. If we all need to be active and perform like we did 10 to 15 years ago, we need our body to function like it did 10 to 15 years ago. The mission of our office is to help men keep as many balls in the air as possible. If a ball has to drop, make sure it is not a ball that would cause permanent damage.
Speech by Brian Dyson, CEO Coca Cola
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends and spirit … and you’re keeping all of these in the air.
You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or evenshattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for Balance in your life.
- Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
- Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
- Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
- Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
- Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
- Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.
- Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be pave.
- Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find time. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings!
- Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
- Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
- Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.
- Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way…
–Brian G. Dyson
President and CEO, Coca-Cola Enterprises during his speech at the Georgia Tech 172nd Commencement Address Sept. 6, 1996
Men, we are in your corner to help you feel the way you feel to succeed. We have written a free ebook, available for instant download that explains low t treatment. Patients use it as a guide to help them find the right provider or have an open conversation with their doctor about their symptoms and if testosterone treatment is for you. For more information contact us for a phone consultation.