What Is Hormone Imbalance?
Hormones play a vital role in every woman’s health and well-being. Hormones work together like the instruments in a symphony: every hormone affecting every other hormone, and an imbalance of one hormone leads to imbalances of other hormones and the symptoms can be life altering.
Hormone imbalance in women causes many unpleasant symptoms and increases the risk of health problems such as osteoporosis, blood clots and heart disease. Female hormone levels are determined by genetics and then influenced by nutrition, exercise, environmental toxins and stress. Although a healthy lifestyle can slow the age-related decline of hormone levels, hormone decline is a natural process of aging that will eventually cause hormone imbalance in all women at some point in their life.
Hormone Imbalance In Women?
- Hormonal imbalance in women is the result of an overproduction or an underproduction of one or more hormones, resulting in unpleasant symptoms and increased risk of health problems.
- Hormone imbalance affects over 50 million women in the United States
- Conditions that may cause female hormone imbalance are:
- Perimenopause is the period when menstrual cycles become irregular and levels of the pituitary hormone FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) increase
- Symptoms of perimenopause, such as weight gain, hot flashes, night
- Sweats, and difficulty sleeping (insomnia), often begin before menstrual cycles become irregular.
- Hormone levels often decline beginning at age 25-30 and women often have low progesterone levels by the age of 35.
- Natural menopause usually begins around age 51.
- Early menopause occurs in some women.
- Surgical menopause (i.e., hysterectomy)
The Solution? Hormone Restoration with Biogenetical Hormone Replacement (BHRT)
Age-related hormone decline and hormone imbalance naturally occur in all women. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is a safe and effective treatment for female hormone imbalance when done under the supervision of a trained medical provider. BHRT will restore normal hormone levels and hormonal balance.
Your personal hormone restoration program will be customized for you. We base our prescriptions on your unique lab results, clinical symptoms and physical exam, and we provide monitoring of your program to ensure your treatment is safe and effective.
We are providers with most insurance carriers making our care affordable for most any budget.
Interested in Hearing More? Listen to Dr. Oz Discuss BHRT below.